Gruffalo SpottersFollow clues and search for signs of the Gruffalo
The Gruffalo Spotter App
Point the app at special markers on the trail and watch the characters from The Gruffalo come to life!
Visit the Gruffalo Spotters trail
Head to one of 26 forests to search for clues. Follow the interactive trail for signs of the Gruffalo!
Find your nearest Gruffalo Spotters trail
Check the closing date of your nearest trail by clicking the forest's icon on the map or by viewing the list of participating forests below.
- Top Lodge Fineshade Wood - Northamptonshire
- Wendover Woods - Buckinghamshire
- Dalby Forest - North Yorkshire
- Gisburn Forest & Stocks - Lancashire
- Hamsterley Forest - Durham County
- Salcey Forest Centre - Northamptonshire
- Beechenhurst - Gloucestershire
- Moors Valley Country Park
- Cardinham - Cornwall
- Whinlatter - Cumbria
- Kielder Water and Forest Park - Northumberland
Download The Gruffalo Spotter app at home (data signal isn't great in the forest!) and follow clues along our interactive trail, tracking down signs of the characters from The Gruffalo.
Clues will lead to five different footprint markers in the forest for each one of the characters from the book including the unmistakable footprint of the gruffalo!
When you spot the markers point your phone's camera at them, using the app to bring the characters to life. Thanks to augmented reality technology, the characters will appear to blend in within the forest around you!
What’s in the Activity Kit?
What's in the Spotters Activity Kit? Available for £3 at cafés or visitor centres of participating forests. Inside you'll find:
- An evidence collection bag
- 5 animal activity and facts cards
- A Spotter's Guide
- Stickers of The Gruffalo characters
- A special magnifying glass, ruler and a pencil.
Sign up for our family newsletter to receive activity sheets
© 1999/2004 & ™ Julia Donaldson/Axel Scheffler. Licensed by Magic Light Pictures Ltd.
Apple and the Apple logo are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
Google Play and the Google Play logo are trademarks of Google Inc.