Sawmills - All Mills
Data are collected by the Forestry Commission in an annual Sawmill Survey. Summary results, covering number of mills, consumption and production are available for all mills. More detailed figures are available for larger mills only (sawmills producing at least 10 thousand m3 sawnwood).
Consumption units are given in green tonnes. For production, the units used are m3 sawnwood. For conversion factors between different units, see the Timber section of the Sources chapter.
Use the links below to access data and sources on sawmills.
Links to Forestry Statistics 2015
- Summary: consumption & production
- Number of sawmills by size
- Number of sawmills by country
- Number of sawmills by type of wood sawn
- Consumption of softwood by size of mill
- Consumption of softwood by country
- Production of sawn softwood by size of mill
- Production of sawn softwood by country
- Sawmills - Larger Mills
- Woodfuel supply by sawmills and round fencing manufacturers
- Sources: Sawmill Survey
- Sources: Conversion factors
- Tables for download