This section contains information about international trade in wood products, and about the level of apparent consumption estimated from data for trade and UK production.
A large proportion of the wood and wood products consumed in the United Kingdom are imported from a range of different countries.
Information on imports and exports comes from the Overseas Trade Statistics compiled by HM Revenue & Customs. The two sources are surveys of European Union (EU) internal trade (Intrastat) and customs data for trade with non-EU countries.
A copy of all trade tables is available to download as an Excel spreadsheet.
Links to Forestry Statistics 2008
- Apparent consumption of wood in the UK
- Apparent consumption of wood products in the UK
- Flow of recovered paper
- UK import quantities by product
- UK export quantities by product
- UK import values by product
- UK export values by product
- Origin of wood imports
- World trade in forest products
- Sources: Conversion factors
- Sources: Trade