Grown in Britain is a programme to create a new and stronger market pull for the array of products derived from our woodlands and forests, develop private sector funding and harness the positive energy and feelings towards our woodlands and forests.
It is a movement that is bringing together:
• environmentalists and woodland owners
• contractors, builders and retailers
• woodland managers, public and private agencies
Read Dr Peter Bonfield's Grown in Britain report: Creating a sustainable future for our woodlands and forests
How are we contributing?
Some examples of how the Forestry Commission is supporting the Grown in Britain campaign:
- Provide seed corn funding to help get Grown in Britain up and running
- Ensure public procurement is not a barrier to market for woodland owners and managers
- Raise awareness of value importance of home grown wood products
- Use Public Forest Estate to explain value of wood and forests
From tree to table
Video courtesy of Grown in Britain partner Heals