29 April 2009
What was the event?
The aim of this seminar/workshop was to update practitioners on recent research relevant to continuous cover forestry (CCF) in Sitka spruce forests in Britain.
The event was part indoors and part outdoors. Presentations and field visits were run by staff from Forest Research who were also be joined by Professor Phil Comeau from Canada.
- Continuous cover forestry and insect biodiversity (PDF-1554K)
- Effects of transformation to continuous cover silviculture on conifer log quality and wood properties (PDF-2495K)
- Level of overstorey retention - effects on light and regeneration (PDF-1112K)
- Managing wind risk in continuous cover forestry stands (PDF-1779K)
- Regeneration dynamics in Sitka spruce stands in Kielder (PDF-2993K)
- Walking in the footsteps of bears - biodiversity indicators (PDF-2546K)
Who was the event suitable for?
Forestry practioners and those with an interest in CCF in Sitka Spruce forests.
Where did the event take place?
For further information please contact:
Northern Research Station