28th January 2009
What was the event?
When it comes to constructing homes and buildings, wood has the lowest energy consumption and CO2 emission of any commonly used building material.
This conference offered the opportunity for architects, developers, engineers and other construction professionals to further understand the potential for timber products to contribute positively to carbon management in construction.
- Contribution of timber products to low carbon buildings.
- Carbon life cycle of timber products
- Timber products and embodied energy
- Properties of UK timber
- How UK timber can contribute to sustainable construction
- Potential for innovative timber products
- Home-grown timber used in affordable homes - a case study.
Conference flyer (PDF-1268K)
Who was the event suitable for?
Architects, developers, engineers, construction professionals and those within the timber supply chain.
Where did the event take place?
Lindsay Stewart Lecture Theatre
Napier University (Craiglockhart Campus)
For further information please contact:
Tel: 0131 314 6154