6th March 2008. 09.30 – 15.30
What was the event?
The conference presented the latest results from research that is being conducted into the wood properties of home-grown Sitka spruce. Speakers from Napier University, University of Glasgow and Forest Research covered the following topics:
- Wood properties of improved Sitka spruce
- Effects of initial spacing on wood properties
- Benchmarking the variation in the wood properties of Sitka spruce
- Effects of tree age on wood properties
- The importance of microfibril angle on the mechanical properties of wood
- Use of acoustic NDT tools to segregate trees and logs early in the supply chain
- Other topics as suggested by members of the forest industry.
There was also be an opportunity to discuss the current research and the future research strategy.
Conference flier (PDF-143K)
Conference agenda (PDF-109K)
Who was the event suitable for?
Wood processing industry, forest managers, researchers.
Where did the event take place?
Northern Research Station
Roslin EH25 9SY
For further information contact John Moore:
Tel: 0131 455 2208