Whether you've just bought your first bike, or you're happy shredding through rock gardens, High Lodge, Thetford Forest offers a fantastic opportunity for natural cycling.
Learn to ride your bike in the forest! Cycling in the forest is one of the safest and most relaxing ways to pick up confidence and develop cycling skills.
The Green graded Shepherd Trail is a quiet family and beginner friendly trail which offers wide-open trails on predominately good surfaces. If you're looking for a fantastic woodland ride for the whole family, look no further!
Ready for a challenge of fitness, technique and skill? Craving your next adrenaline fix? Our mountain bike routes will spoil you for choice.
- The Blue Poacher Trail takes you on a 10 miles journey through the forest and heathland. Expect varied surfaces including singletrack.
- The Red Beater Trail is a great mixture of terrain; fast flowing single track with gentle open areas. This smile-inducing trail takes you through beautiful beech woods and weaves in and out of peaceful pine plantations.
- The Red Lime Burner Trail provides the chance to hone your riding skills with crests and dips, bomb holes and singletrack. 'The Beast' towards the end of the trail is a fantastic roller coaster ride of ups, downs and tight corners, perfect if you are looking for an adrenaline rush.
- The Black 'Mountain Bike Pits', found at various locations throughout the forest, offer a severe technical challenge for the most confident of mountain bikers.
The Cycle Development team has been meeting to improve the transition of putting ideas into practise, involving all the main stakeholders. Over recent years the group have vastly improved sections of the trail network.
- Print a map before you go - available for £1 at the Information Point or to download here
- Drop by the café for a post-ride coffee and food, found at the High Lodge main visitor area.
- Shop and hire bikes from our excellent local bike shop Bike Art. Bike Art is open 7 days per week and only closed on Christmas Day.
- Toilets are available inside the Café and also outside, where there is 24 hour provision. Both have fully accessible facilities.