Sherwood Pines Forest Park strives to be a centre of excellence by managing the landscape, visitor facilities and timber-producing woodland in a co-ordinated and sustainable way for the benefit of wildlife, visitors, local business and staff.
Aim - Quality of Life
- Encourage and enable a diverse range of people to access the woodlands.
- Offer lifelong learning opportunities that meet the needs of current and new audiences.
- Continue to develop an attractive and inspiring woodland environment.
Aim - Economic Sustainability
- Maximise revenue from the existing timber resource and continue investment in productive crops.
- Provide an income from visitor services and facilities that enables us to continue managing them in a sustainable way.
- Promote sustainable development opportunities, whilst seeking to support local economy and employment.
Aim - Sustainable Management
- Pursue a policy of diversification of tree species and silvicultural systems to provide maximum marketing opportunities and to mitigate against climate change and other environmental factors.
- Help to minimise impacts of climate change through awareness raising and education
- Pursue a policy of protecting, and sustainably managing priority habitats and species.