Forestry Commission logo

Permits and permissions

Why do I need permission?Dawlish Coasters Running Club at Haldon Forest Park. Peninsula FD

If you wish to organise an event on Forestry Commission land you will need our permission. We need to check that the event is properly organised, has adequate insurance cover and doesn't clash with other events or forest operations. Please give as much notice as possible.

Other activities may also require permission, including horse riding.


For more details contact the office which covers the area concerned:

Cornwall, Devon, Somerset, Forest of Dean & Gloucestershire

Bank House, Bank Street, Coleford, Gloucestershire, GL16 8BA

Tel: 01594 833057  E-mail:


The Queen's House, Lyndhurst, Hants. SO43 7NH

Tel: 02380 283141  Fax: 02380 283929 



England's Woods and Forests are cared for by Forest Enterprise England, an agency of the Forestry Commission.