Grade of Trail:
Length of trail:6 miles
Trail is currently open
Please note this trail will be CLOSED on Sunday 26th March 2017 for the Nutcracker Mountain bike race.
Starting from Dixons Hollow car park.
A lovely ride mainly on the high plateau around Adderstone. Mixed terrain of forest roads and grass tracks, with a few short climbs and descents.
On arrival you can call in to the Visitor Centre and buy a map. Dalby is over 8000 acres so we recommend you take one with you.
Refreshments are now available from Dalby Activity Centre near Adderstone Field. Hot and cold drinks, cakes and snacks are available everyday during school holidays and weekends from Easter to October.
Please take your litter home with you. Thank you.
What do other visitors say?
Made our first ever visit on 17.10.16.
From your website we planned to do the 8m (or is it 6m as stated elsewhere?) "Green Route", which "starts from Dixon's Hollow car park".
Our day was spoiled by a lack of signage -
- where is Dixon's Hollow car park? (we eventually found what appears to be on your map as "World Cup car park" and set off from there)
- where are the Green Route signs from the corner of Adderstone Field?
- why do the signs refer to the "Adderstone trail" and not the "Green Route"?
- eventually got down onto a wider forest track and found some green coloured arrow signs.
- your web site shows a photo of a family group including a child on a tug bike on the Green Route. I cannot believe they could have negotiated the steep, single track decent from Adderstone Field down onto the wider forest trail and then travelled along the forest tracks that we found! I think your website gives a misleading impression of what kind of terrain this route actually consists of.
Can someone please review the signage at the start of this route.
Katrina Campey, 20/Apr/2014
Your spelling leaves a lot to be desired,through out the web site.
Forestry Commission Response
Hello, Thanks for your comment, we have checked this page for errors, if you find any more please let us know. Thanks