Please take time to read all the event information, it will make it more enjoyable for you and hopefully answer all your questions before the event. Good luck!
Arrival and Admissions
The arboretum is open from 9am on the day of the event. Runners and spectators may gain free access from 4pm. All runners and spectators must enter the arboretum through the Welcome Building once they have parked.
Parking is available at Westonbirt; there is no additional charge for this.
Cancellation of Event
If for any reason the event is cancelled, the registration fee will be refunded in full. This does not apply to charity runners who have not paid a registration fee.
Health and Safety
The arboretum has carried out a full risk assessment for this event.
Important Points to Remember
- Race starts at 7pm
- All competitors must wear a race number
- Allow plenty of time to get the venue, park and get to the registration point
- Entrance is through our new Welcome Building
Toilets are situated at the Welcome Building whih is close to the registration point.
- A water station will be provided at the 5.5km point and at the end of the race.
- Opens on race day at 4pm
- Please allow plenty of time to arrive and park
- Please go to the registration point first. This is situated at the Welcome Building. Give race marshals your surname to collect your race number, chip and safety pins.
- First Aid will be available throughout this event
- Dogs must be kept on leads at all times on the downs area. Dogs can be exercised off the lead in Silk Wood. Dogs are not permitted in the Old Arboretum
- By taking part, you confirm that you are happy for any footage or photographs taken during your participation in this event to be used by the Friends of Westonbirt Arboretum and the Forestry Commission
- Please respect the grounds and trees for which we are famous for.
- Overall results and times will be available at www.fullonsport.com/result
- The results will be available later in the evening.
Race Number and Timing Chip
The Bibtag system has the disposable timing chip attached to the race number. The disposable system allows runners to have more flexibility at the finish line, since the removal of the chip is no longer required.
Your race number must be worn and should not be damaged in any way.
It is good practice to write your name, blood group and any allergies you may have on the back of your race number in the unfortunate case of an incident.
Prizes and Medals
- prizes are available for first place male and female for age groups +16, +30 and +50
- medals for all runners who finish.
- the first place prizes will be given out at the finish line shortly after the winners have crossed the line.
At the finish line
- medals for all runners who finish the race.
- bottles of water
- hot food and drinks will be available to purchase
Mobile Phone Reception
Please be aware that Westonbirt is within a rural area and surrounded by trees so mobile reception is poor.
Save for death or personal injury caused by the negligence of the organisers or anyone for whom they are in law responsible, The Forestry Commission, Friends of Westonbirt Arboretum nor any of our employees, accepts liability for any accident, loss, damage, injury or illness to any persons in any way whatsoever. The Forestry Commission shall not be liable in respect of any loss or damage whatsoever arising from the abandonment, cancellation or postponement of the event, or any such eventuality.
We reserve the right to make any changes to this event, including all prices.