This access statement does not contain personal opinions as to our suitability for those with access needs, but aims to accurately describe the facilities and services that we offer all our guests/visitors.
Jeskyns is located in north Kent, just off the A2 between Gravesend and the village of Cobham.
Opened to the public in 2007 Jeskyns is 360 acres of newly planted woodlands, ponds, orchards and wildflower meadows.
The main site facilities are located closest to the A2 and include a car park, cafe, toilets, children's play areas, 2 Easy Access Trails, a Children's Trail and a Dog Activity Trail.
Other trails, some surfaced and some grassed, enable visitors to explore the wider parts of the site and to access neighbouring parks and woodlands including Ashenbank Woods, Shorne Woods Country Park and Cobham Woods.
We look forward to welcoming you. If you have any queries or require any assistance please do get in touch. CONTACT US
- Jeskyns can be accessed by vehicle every day of the year between 7am and dusk. Closing times vary depending upon daylight hours - check our homepage for the most up to date information. www.forestry.gov.uk/jeskyns
- Please be aware that there is a 2m height restriction at the car park entrance. During café opening hours (9:30 - 3:30) legitimate visitors with over height vehicles will be provided access by telephoning 07939 379789. Further info: weblink
- For a map and directions of how to reach us please see the "Location" section on our homepage.
- The nearest train station is Sole Street which is approx 2 mile's from Jeskyns main car park.
- Dogs are welcome though we ask visitors to observe the "on lead", "off lead" and "no dog" zones. Further details can be found at www.forestry.gov.uk/dogsatjeskyns
- A dedicated grass trail is provided for horse riders. Horse box parking is available by arrangement. CONTACT US
- We welcome cyclists in all areas of the site but ask that you always give way to other visitors.
- A site leaflet and map is available to download from www.forestry.gov.uk/mapsandleaflets Large print or alternative language versions are available from the Diveristy Team on 0131 314 6757 or by email: mailto:email@example.com
Car Parking Facilities and Arrival
- The main car park is tarmac with approximately 100 spaces. 3 of these are signed blue badge.
- There is a 2m height restriction at the car park entrance. During café opening hours (9:30 - 3:30) legitimate visitors with over height vehicles will be provided access by telephoning 07939 379789. Further info: weblink
- There is approximately a 100meter walk from the main car park to the cafe on a level surfaced path.
- Access from the car park onto site is through wheelchair accessible kissing gates.
- Parking charges for all cars apply (from 1st Feb 2015). Please check our website for details.
- A grass car park with approximately 150 spaces is also available during peak periods - ground conditions permitting.
- The car park is not lit at night.
Jeskyns offers a variety of trails:
- Court Wood Trail - 1/4 mile. Surfaced with gradients of less than 1:20 and plenty of resting points. Within the Dogs on Leads Zone.
- Henhurst Lake Walk - 1 + 1/4 miles. Surfaced with gradients of less than 1:20 and plenty of resting points.
- Broomfield Loop - 1 + 3/4 miles. Surfaced. Some gradients more than 1:20. Some resting points.
- Orchard Walk - 2 miles. Surfaced with gradients of less than 1:20 and some resting points.
- Children's Trail - approx 1/4 mile. Themed trail with activity boards along it. Surfaced with gradients of less than 1:20 and plenty of resting points. Within the Dogs on Leads Zone. Accompanying activity packs can be purchased from cafe. The trail theme changes seasonally.
- Dog Activity Trail - approx 1/4 mile. Includes a range of activity features for dogs such as a log walk, tunnel and weaves. Grass surfaced. Can be muddy at times.
- Horse Trail - 5miles. Grass surfaced.
- Darnley Trail - 10km. Links Jeskyns with neighbouring sites and countryside. Permissable to walkers, cyclists and horse riders. Surfaced in some parts but includes rough ground, steep inclines, occassional obstructions and can be very muddy.
All trails are clearly signposted and labelled on our site map which can be downloaded from: maps&leaflets
- Two unisex, accessible to all, toilets are located at the cafe and these are open during cafe opening times: 10am to 3:00pm (weather dependent). Outside of these hours the nearest public toilets available are located in Cobham Village at the Recreation Ground Car Park next to Cobham Primary School.
- Refreshments are available from the Jeskyns Cafe which is located near the main car park.
- Core opening hours are 10am to 3:00pm (weather dependent).
- There is step free level access into the cafe and around the surfaced outdoor seating area.
- Due to the modest size of the building, space is tight within the internal seating area, but staff will be very happy to assist visitors with access and manouevering if needed.
There are four main picnic areas at Jeskyns:
- Main Car Park: 7 picnic benches (2 with wheelchair spaces). Accessible via level, hard surfaced tracks.
- Sand Pit Play Area: 3 picnic benches (1 with wheelchair space). Grassed surface. Approx 500meters from the main car park along hard surfaced trails with less than 1:20 gradient.
- Tree House Play Area: 3 picnic benches (1 with wheelchair space). Grassed surface. Approx 700meters from the main car park along hard surfaced trails with less than 1:20 gradient.
- Henhurst Lake: 3 picnic benches (1 with wheelchair space). Gravel surface. Approx 500meters from the main car park along hard surfaced trails with more than 1:20 gradient.
Visitors are requested not to use the cafe outdoor seating area for their own food/picnics.
Address (Inc postcode):
Jeskyns Community Woodland, Henhurst Road, Cobha, Kent. DA12 3AN
Hours Of Operation:
7am to dusk (closing time fluctuates seasonally - see homepage for latest times).