Ditch the stuffy gym and get active in the the great outdoors this year. Go solo, or get the whole family together and take to the woods to get active whatever the weather.
When we've overendulged, it can be tempting to rush to the nearest gym. For a fraction of the price, you can become even healthier by swapping your gym pass for a Discovery Pass! Find out why you're better off ditching the gym.
Getting active outdoors doesn't necessarily mean pulling on your running shoes! Sharing time with your family outdoors is a great way to enjoy quality time and keep in shape. Get active with the family this winter, why not try:
- Test your navigating skills with Gruffalo Orienteering
- Go for a brisk winter walk together
- Enjoy our family and leisure cycling routes
- Take your 4 legged companion for a stroll at our favourite places to visit with your dog
- Get the blood pumping with Go Ape
- Check out Forest Holidays' tips for keeping forest fit
It's easy to lose motivation after a few weeks of being active, so we've put together 4 ways to help you to stick to your goals. We've also got a fantastic beginners running programme put together by an outdoor personal trainer.
We've compiled a selection of calorie burning walks, cycles and runs highlighting which Christmas foods you will burn off! Remember we also have an enormous range of routes, trails and sports events to keep you active throughout 2017!