A maze of paths wind through the forest. Choose to explore the Winding Walks paths through the trees in a dramatic gully. The original paths and bridges here were built in the 19th Century by the Duke of Gordon.
There are three more formal waymarked routes through the wooded hillside. These take in the Peeps Viewpoint, the Longbowe curling pond and the Duchess of Richmond Monument.
Check before you go - for details of trail closures, diversions and changes to listed events see the updates page.
Please note the following Car Park Charges -
Any vehicle for 1hr - £1.00
Car for up to 3hrs - £1.50
Car all day - £2.00
Minibus/coach all day - £8.00
Annual Season Tickets are also available
How to get there:
For details of public transport visit http://www.travelinescotland.com
Other places to go in Forests of Moray and Aberdeenshire
What's on in Forests of Moray and Aberdeenshire
- Teddy's Woodland Adventure Thursday 4 July 2013
- Teddy's Woodland Adventure at the Bin Quarry Tuesday 9 July 2013
- Mini Beast Hunt at Tyrebagger Thursday 11 July 2013
- Mini Beast Hunt at The Bin Tuesday 16 July 2013
- Magic Forest at Countesswells Thursday 18 July 2013
- Sensory Explosion Tuesday 23 July 2013
- Nature Treasure Hunt at Dunnottar Woods Thursday 25 July 2013
- Tracking for the Brave at The Bin Tuesday 30 July 2013
|Four waymarked trails in the forest ranging from 1.5 to 3 miles. The trails are graded as moderate.
|Home of Moray Monster Trails
Moray Monster Trails-The Fochabers Ring
Moray Monster Trails-Fochabers Freeride
|The Winding Walks was once the Duke of Gordon's 19th century garden. At the top of the hill stands the impressive monument to the Duchess of Richmond|
|Picnic tables dotted around the car park and in secluded spots at the forest edge|
|Great views across the Moray Firth from the Duchess of Richmond's monument, and down to Fochabers from Peeps viewpoint.|