The forest walks in Monaughty pass through some magnificent Douglas fir and Scots pine and provide spectacular views out to the Moray Firth.
The Vale of Pluscarden and Pluscarden Abbey can be seen from the south-facing slopes. It is the only medieval monastry in Britain inhabited by a working order of Benedictine monks.
Check before you go - for details of trail closures, diversions and changes to listed events see the updates
The Torrieston Phototrail at Monaughty is now online on the Fieldfare Trust website. Phototrails provide detailed accessibility information for trails throughout the UK.
How to get there:
For details of public transport visit http://www.travelinescotland.com
Other places to go in Forests of Moray and Aberdeenshire
What's on in Forests of Moray and Aberdeenshire
- Teddy's Woodland Adventure Thursday 4 July 2013
- Teddy's Woodland Adventure at the Bin Quarry Tuesday 9 July 2013
- Mini Beast Hunt at Tyrebagger Thursday 11 July 2013
- Mini Beast Hunt at The Bin Tuesday 16 July 2013
- Magic Forest at Countesswells Thursday 18 July 2013
- Sensory Explosion Tuesday 23 July 2013
- Nature Treasure Hunt at Dunnottar Woods Thursday 25 July 2013
- Tracking for the Brave at The Bin Tuesday 30 July 2013
|There are four waymarked trails in the forest. Three are on the north side of the road. There is an easy one mile all abilities trail on the other side of the road, leading down to the tranquil Black Burn.
|A great place for hoseriding with plenty of lesser tracks and trails to discover.|