This varied forest has routes through a mixture of woodland and on the open hill.
There are two main mountain bike trails -a cross country route and a downhill route. Both are only suitable for experienced mountain bikers.
There is also a longer trail around the forest that is suitable for all users.
The trails have excellent views of the Vale of Alford, Bennachie, Millstone Hill and towards Aberdeen.
- Check before you go - for details of trail closures, diversions and changes to listed events see the updates page.
There is plenty of parking at Whitehills, even on a busy day. An information board shows the routes that are available.
Take a walk to the Whitehills Stone Circle. It is only about 15 minutes from the car park. Worth a visit just to look at the views from there.
Travel by bus?
The nearest village to Pitfichie that you can get to by bus is Monymusk. You will have about 30 minutes to walk from there. You can take the 220 (Aberdeen to Kemnay) or the 421 (Inverurie to Alford) bus. Check timetables for frequency.
How to get there:
For details of public transport visit http://www.travelinescotland.com
Other places to go in Forests of Moray and Aberdeenshire
What's on in Forests of Moray and Aberdeenshire
- Teddy's Woodland Adventure Thursday 4 July 2013
- Teddy's Woodland Adventure at the Bin Quarry Tuesday 9 July 2013
- Mini Beast Hunt at Tyrebagger Thursday 11 July 2013
- Mini Beast Hunt at The Bin Tuesday 16 July 2013
- Magic Forest at Countesswells Thursday 18 July 2013
- Sensory Explosion Tuesday 23 July 2013
- Nature Treasure Hunt at Dunnottar Woods Thursday 25 July 2013
- Tracking for the Brave at The Bin Tuesday 30 July 2013
AugustView all events
Orange Cycle Trail
Red Cycle Trail
Contact:Forest District Office