Forestry Commission logo

Forestry Statistics 2015 - UK-Grown Timber

Pulp & paper

previous | next  

The integrated pulp & paper mills in the UK consumed a total of 0.6 million tonnes of material (all softwood) in 2014, a 3% increase from the 2013 total (Table 2.20).

UK roundwood represented 83% of the inputs for the integrated pulp & paper mills in 2014, with the remaining 17% coming from sawmill products.

Table 2.20 Inputs for the integrated pulp & paper mills1, 2005-2014

Year

UK roundwood2

Sawmill products

Total

thousand green tonnes
 

Softwood

Hardwood

Softwood

Hardwood

Softwood

Hardwood

2005

500 214 138 0 638 214

2006

481 54 145 0 626 54

2007

472 0 161 0 633 0

2008

515 0 152 0 667 0

2009

 511 0 120 0 631 0

2010

428 0 98 0 526 0

2011

453 0 99 0 552 0

2012 

461 0 79 0 540 0

2013

465 0 83 0 548 0

2014

465 0 97 0 562 0

Source: UK Forest Products Association

Notes:

1. Excludes inputs of recycled paper and cardboard.

2. UK roundwood derived from stemwood.

Figure 2.3 Inputs to integrated pulp and paper mills

Figure 2.3 Inputs to integrated pulp and paper mills

Source: UK Forest Products Association

Links to Forestry Statistics 2015