Forestry Statistics 2012 - UK-Grown Timber

Pulp & paper

previous | next  

The integrated pulp & paper mills in the UK consumed a total of 0.6 million tonnes of material (all softwood) in 2011, a 5% increase from the 2010 total (Table 2.20).

UK roundwood represented 82% of the inputs for the integrated pulp & paper mills in 2010, with the remaining 18% coming from sawmill products.

Table 2.20 Inputs for the integrated pulp & paper mills1, 2002-2011

Year

UK roundwood2

Sawmill products

Total3

thousand green tonnes
 

Softwood

Hardwood

Softwood

Hardwood

Softwood

Hardwood

2002

696 210 307 0 1 003 210

2003

704 215 234 0 938 215

2004

483 214 143 0 626 214

2005

500 214 138 0 638 214

2006

481 54 145 0 626 54

2007

472 0 161 0 633 0

2008

515 0 152 0 667 0

2009

 511 0 120 0 631 0

2010

428 0 98 0 526 0

2011

453 0 99 0 552 0

Source: UK Forest Products Association

Notes:

1. Excludes inputs of recycled paper and cardboard.

2. UK roundwood derived from stemwood.

3. Includes inputs from imported roundwood and chips.

Figure 2.3 Inputs to integrated pulp and paper mills

Figure 2.3 Inputs to integrated pulp and paper mills

Source: UK Forest Products Association

Links to Forestry Statistics 2012