Woodland Areas and Planting
This section contains information about the extent of woodland in the United Kingdom. International comparisons are provided in the International Forestry chapter.
The woodland area figures for Great Britain in 2011, shown in tables 1.1 to 1.5, are based on 2010 data obtained from the National Forest Inventory map. For comparison with earlier years, 2010 estimates based on both current and previous data sources have been included in time series tables.
Use the links on the right to access data and sources on UK woodland area and planting.
A copy of all woodland area and planting tables is available to download as an Excel spreadsheet.
Longer time series are also available for some tables. These can be accessed from our Woodland Area and Planting Statistics web page.
Links to Forestry Statistics 2011
- Area of woodland: 2011
- Area of woodland: changes over time
- Woodland area by ownership
- Certified woodland area
- Land use
- National Inventory of Woodland and Trees
- Area of Farm Woodland
- New planting & restocking by forest type
- New planting & restocking by ownership
- New planting and restocking: time series
- International Forestry
- Sources: Woodland area and planting