Forestry Statistics 2010 - UK Grown Timber

Pulp & paper

previous | next  

The integrated pulp & paper mills in the UK consumed 631 thousand tonnes (all softwood) in 2009, a 5% decrease from the previous year.

UK roundwood represented 81% of the inputs for the integrated pulp & paper mills in 2009, with the remaining 19% coming from sawmill products.

Table 2.21 Inputs for the integrated pulp & paper mills1, 2000-2009

Year

UK roundwood2

Sawmill products

Total3

thousand green tonnes
 

Softwood

Hardwood

Softwood

Hardwood

Softwood

Hardwood

2000

695

200

308

0

1 004

218

2001

668

209

323 0

991

209

2002

696 210 307 0 1 003 210

2003

704 215 234 0 938 215

2004

483 214 143 0 626 214

2005

500 214 138 0 638 214

2006

481 54 145 0 626 54

2007

472 0 161 0 633 0

2008

515 0 152 0 667 0

2009

 511 0 120 0 631 0

Source: UK Forest Products Association

Notes:

1. Excludes inputs of recycled paper and cardboard.

2. UK roundwood derived from stemwood.

3. Includes inputs from imported roundwood and chips.

Figure 2.3 Inputs to integrated pulp and paper mills

Figure 2.3 Inputs to integrated pulp and paper mills

Source: UK Forest Products Association

Links to Forestry Statistics 2010

Useful sites