Forestry Statistics 2008 - UK Grown Timber

Pulp & paper

previous | next  

The integrated pulp & paper mills in the UK consumed 633 thousand tonnes (all softwood) in 2007. UK roundwood represented 75% of the inputs for the integrated pulp & paper mills in 2007, with the remaining 25% coming from sawmill products.

Table 2.22 Inputs for the integrated pulp & paper mills1, 1998-2007

Year

UK roundwood2

Sawmill products

Total3

thousand green tonnes

Softwood

Hardwood

Softwood

Hardwood

Softwood

Hardwood

1998

844

1802770

1 136

180

1999

6601912950

964

191

2000

695

200

308

0

1 004

218

2001

668

209

3230

991

209

2002

69621030701 003210

2003

7042152340938215

2004

4832141430626214

2005

5002141380638214

2006

48154145062654

2007

472016106330

Source: UK Forest Products Association

Notes:

1. Excludes inputs of recycled paper and cardboard.

2. UK roundwood derived from stemwood.

3. Includes inputs from imported roundwood and chips.

Figure 2.3  Inputs to integrated pulp and paper mills

Figure 2.3 Inputs to integrated pulp and paper mills

Source: UK Forest Products Association

Links to Forestry Statistics 2008

Useful sites