Sawmills - All Mills
Data are collected by the Forestry Commission in an annual Sawmill Survey. Summary results, covering number of mills, consumption and production are available for all mills. More detailed figures are available for larger mills only (sawmills producing at least 10 thousand m3 sawnwood).
Consumption units are given in green tonnes. For production, the units used are m3 sawnwood.
Use the links on the right to access data and sources on sawmills.
Links to Forestry Statistics 2008
- Summary: consumption & production
- Number of sawmills by size
- Number of mills by country
- Number of mills by type of wood sawn
- Consumption of softwood by size of mill
- Consumption of softwood by country
- Production of sawn softwood by size of mill
- Production of sawn softwood by country
- Sales to bioenergy
- Sawmills - Larger Mills
- Sources: Sawmill Survey
- Sources: Conversion factors