Whatever your ability there’s something for everyone at Alice Holt. Our 3 mile cycle trail is suitable for both children and adults, offering all the family a chance to explore further into the forest. We have a short, safe Beginners Track for those just starting out on two wheels.
Our new cycle hire provider is on site with a range of adult and children's bikes available.
The Cycle Centre is open 7 days a week from 9am till 4pm (closed Christmas Eve and Christmas Day). For further information call 01420 521297 or visit their website.
For your safety and the safety of other visitors please be aware of the following points:
- Only cycle within your abilities.
- Expect the unexpected – watch out for other visitors.
- Always follow warning signs and any advice you are given.
- If a vehicle is loading timber, stop and wait for the driver to let you pass safely.
- It's advisable to have a bell on your bike to let others know you're coming.
Cycling for All
'Cycling for All' groups will continue to be supported but will be restricted to existing volunteers and committed groups rather than general hire.
A range of specialist cycles make cycling a fun, healthy option for people who might find regular bikes unsuitable. Tricycles help with balance and confidence, tandems make cycling very sociable and hand-powered trikes enable cycling with no leg-power whatsoever.
These cycles are also suitable for people returing to health who are not quite up to riding a standard bike but want to start getting active.