We take the lead, on behalf of all three administrations, in the development and promotion of sustainable forest management. We deliver the distinct forestry policies of England, Scotland and Wales through specific objectives drawn from the country forestry strategies so our mission and values may be different in each.
But throughout, we aim to be an organisation that values:
- teamwork - working as teams with colleagues and others to ensure that trees, woods and forests meet the needs of people in each part of Britain
- professionalism - enjoying and taking pride in our work, achieving high standards of quality, efficiency and sustainability
- respect - treating one another with consideration and trust, recognising each person's contribution
- communication - being open, honest and straightforward with colleagues and others, as willing to listen as to tell
- learning - always learning, from outside the Forestry Commission as well as from within
- creativity - not being afraid to try new ways of doing things