This grant is now closed until further notice
Woodland Management Grant (WMG) aims to encourage low key, sustainable woodland practice. It isdesigned to protect the delivery of exisiting public benefits and improve a woodland's capacity to create more.
The objectives are:
- to contribute to the additional costs of providing public benefits that arise from meeting the UK Forestry Standard for sustainable woodland management;
- to protect, increase and maintain the area of woodland under sustainable management and;
- to identify and address threats to woodland, prevent decline and increase the capacity for sustainable management.
Eligibility and how to apply
You can apply online using our webforms service or by printing and completing the application form below.
Application forms and guidance
EWGS6 WMG Guide (459kb)
WMG applicant guidance
COT Application Form (72kb) - to print
Condition, Opportunity and Threat (COT) assesment form: assists with low-level assessment of a woodland
EWGS1 General Details Form (72kb)
General details application form
Supplementary Notice of Operations in a SSSI (178kb)
For work in a Site of Special Scientific Interest (SSSI) only. Submit this form to us together with your grant application in order to apply for Natural England's consent for the work.
Additional sources of funding
In addition to EWGS, there are other funding sources:
- Environmental Stewardship (managed by Natural England) provides grants for environmental management, including woodland. For further guidance, please see
Funding for Farm Woodlands in England (183kb).
- Funding for aspects of economic and social investment for forestry purposes (e.g. machinery) is available via Defra http://rdpenetwork.defra.gov.uk/funding-sources
If you need any of our publications in large print or in another language please contact The Diversity Team. Tel: 0131 314 6575, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org