Plant Health Leaflets give advice on the rules covering import, export and internal movement controls on wood and wood products and offer guidance on control techniques for forest managers to prevent the spread of certain pests.
There is also a range of General Information Leaflets covering the Plant Health Service, our Charter Standard and general plant health matters.
Posters warning of major plant health threats are also available.
|Plant Health Guides|
|FCPH001||Importing wood, wood products and bark|
|FCPH002||Import Inspection Fees for Wood, Wood Products and Bark|
|FCPH004||The UK Wood Packaging Material Marking Programme|
|Plant Health Notes|
|FCPH110||Minimum facilities at ports|
General Information Leaflets
- Plant Health Service Standards - A guide to who we are and what we do.
- Plant Health Threat - Information on Ips typographus (the Eight-toothed Spruce Bark Beetle) and the import controls against it: aimed primarily at importers and others who handle imported wood and wooden packaging.
- How Safe is Your Dunnage? - A multi-lingual leaflet aimed at lorry drivers explaining the risk of spreading pests in wooden packing material (dunnage) and the GB landing requirements.
- Plant Health Charter - A guide to our Charter Standard commitments
- Gypsy Moth - A guide showing what to look for: aimed primarily at dock workers and lorry drivers.
- Bark Beetles Kill Trees - For display at docks, airports and other entry points.
- Ips typographus* - A poster showing signs and symptoms of beetle attack, the beetle itself and its galleries. For display at forest offices, sawmills and other wood using facilities.
- Exotic Pest Alert - Asian Longhorn Beetle* - A Pest Alert showing signs and symptoms of beetle attack, the beetle itself in larval, pupal and adult stages. Contains advice on what to do if you suspect this pest is present. A poster showing signs and symptoms of beetle attack, the beetle itself and its galleries is also available.
- Exotic Pest Alert - Horse Chestnut Leaf Miner* - A Pest Alert showing signs and symptoms of this leaf mining moth on horse chestnut across Europe. Contains advice on what to do if you suspect the pest is present.
* Exotic pest alerts can be viewed and downloaded from this site by clicking the title.