This chargeable service has been available to private forestry companies and woodland owners for many years.
The objectives are to:
- Identify deficiencies of nitrogen, phosphorus and potassium
- Monitor progress in the implementation of fertiliser regimes.
Two levels of service are available:
- Chemical analysis only
- Chemical analysis + fertiliser prescription.
Analyses are performed on a regular basis. Response time is variable depending on work load and season of the year.
Analysis of foliage of common forest species for nitrogen, phosphorus, potassium, magnesium and calcium and some other metals:
- The results reported will indicate the normal and deficient levels of these elements
- The cost per sample from 2013 is £24 ALL INCLUSIVE
- The analysis includes: N, P, K, Mg, Ca as well as Al, Fe, Mn, Cu, Zn and Cd, Cr, Ni at no extra cost.
This is an optional addition to the chemical analysis taking into account the site record form and results of that analysis:
- This prescription will normally be charged at an additional standard rate of £22 each ALL INCLUSIVE
- Usually a prescription is calculated from the analysis results from one 'good' and one 'poor' sample taken from a block of woodland.
If you are interested in submitting samples please contact:
Alice Holt Lodge
Tel: 01420 22255
Tel direct: 01420 520180
Fax: 01420 23653