This wood has two circular walks, and links to longer walks on Elrick and Brimmond Hills. The eastern side of the wood has superb mature Douglas firs, towering above the forest floor like cathedral pillars, shading a carpet of ferns and wood sorrel.
The wood is home to a number of sculptures. Information boards in the car parks show you where the current sculptures are. They were designed by sculptors with national and international reputations, who have been inspired by the environment of the wood and the hill.
For full details of these see the Tyrebagger Sculptures pages.
You can download a copy of our Aberdeenshire Walks leaflet in What's of Interest. If you want larger scale versions of the trail maps, please follow the link to any of the trails. Each will have a downloadable map, including distances and times.
- Download the Tyrebagger trail map (PDF 3MB)
- Check before you go - for details of trail closures, diversions and changes to listed events see the updates page.
Tyrebagger has two main car parks about 250m apart, one nearer the A96 and the other a bit further on, both on the left if you are coming off the A96.
A third car park is open in December only for the sale of Christmas Trees.
Take 307 bus from Aberdeen to Inverurie. Ask to be let off at the crest of the hill before Blackburn, or go to Blackburn and walk back two miles (Please note the A96 is a busy dual carriageway so this is not ideal). Tyrebagger is on the Aberdeen-bound side of the carriageway, follow signs for Kirkton of Skene and the car park is 250m along this road.
How to get there:
For details of public transport visit http://www.travelinescotland.com
Other places to go in Forests of Moray and Aberdeenshire
What's on in Forests of Moray and Aberdeenshire
- Teddy's Woodland Adventure Thursday 4 July 2013
- Teddy's Woodland Adventure at the Bin Quarry Tuesday 9 July 2013
- Mini Beast Hunt at Tyrebagger Thursday 11 July 2013
- Mini Beast Hunt at The Bin Tuesday 16 July 2013
- Magic Forest at Countesswells Thursday 18 July 2013
- Sensory Explosion Tuesday 23 July 2013
- Nature Treasure Hunt at Dunnottar Woods Thursday 25 July 2013
- Tracking for the Brave at The Bin Tuesday 30 July 2013
|Start from either car park.
Contact:Forest District Office