About Cambus O' May
Cambus O'May is one of those places that you will want to visit again and again. It has lochans, bridges and winding trails through the Scots Pine on waymarked routes.
Even if you can't leave your car, the views from the car park are terrific. You can see up Deeside to the moutains beyond, including Lochnagar - great on a clear day!
The area has been designated a Site of Special Scientific Interest (SSSI) for its geological features.
If you leave the paths and go into the forest during the spring and summer, please keep your dog under very close control - either at heel or on a lead. This is to help protect capercaillie.
You can download a copy of our Aberdeenshire Walks leaflet in What's of Interest. If you want larger scale versions of the trail maps, please follow the link to any of the trails. Each will have a downloadable map, including distances and times.
Check before you go - for details of trail closures, diversions and changes to listed events see the updates page
Travel by bus? Take the 201 Aberdeen Ballater bus. Ask to be let off at Cambus O May. These buses run hourly most days.
How to get there:
For details of public transport visit http://www.travelinescotland.com
Other places to go in Forests of Moray and Aberdeenshire
What's on in Forests of Moray and Aberdeenshire
- Teddy's Woodland Adventure Thursday 4 July 2013
- Teddy's Woodland Adventure at the Bin Quarry Tuesday 9 July 2013
- Mini Beast Hunt at Tyrebagger Thursday 11 July 2013
- Mini Beast Hunt at The Bin Tuesday 16 July 2013
- Magic Forest at Countesswells Thursday 18 July 2013
- Sensory Explosion Tuesday 23 July 2013
- Nature Treasure Hunt at Dunnottar Woods Thursday 25 July 2013
- Tracking for the Brave at The Bin Tuesday 30 July 2013
|Two Lochan Trail
Pine Tree Trail
|There is a picnic area by the car park.|
Contact:Forest District Office