This news story is now over a year old and information may no longer be accurate or up-to-date. It might also contain obsolete links.
Please use our search link on the left to look for more recent information.
Jessie J has announced summer dates for 2014 as part of Forest Live, organised by the Forestry Commission, where concerts are performed in spectacular woodland locations around the country.
There hasn’t been a career in recent memory that has taken off so fast, so spectacularly and so all-consumingly as Jessie J’s. Highlights have included No 1 singles and two hugely successful albums that headed straight for the top with millions of sales worldwide, show-stopping performances in front of a global audience of billions at the London Olympics, a full-blown Saturday night prime-time TV career, extraordinary acts for charity that hit the headlines, Glastonbury festival and the Diamond Jubilee Concert.
With Jessie’s multi-platinum debut, ‘Who You Are’, she achieved the accolade of being the first UK solo artist to have six top-ten hits off one album including two No 1 singles: ‘Price Tag’ and ‘Domino’. Success continues with the 2013 release of her second power-pop album ‘Alive’ featuring the hit singles ‘Wild’, ‘It's My Party’ and ‘Thunder’ alongside a sell-out UK arena tour.
Forest Live is an independent programme organised by the Forestry Commission bringing music to new audiences without commercial branding or sponsorship. Income from the concerts is spent on improving the woodland for both people and wildlife.
Commenting on the concerts, Jessie J said:
“I made my Forest Live debut this summer with just one show which I loved so it’s great to be taking in another four Forest Live dates next year…………….see you there.”
Jessie J plus guest will be performing:
- Friday 13 June: Sherwood Pines Forest, nr Edwinstowe, Notts.
- Friday 20 June: Bedgebury Pinetum, nr Tunbridge Wells, Kent.
- Friday 27 June: Cannock Chase Forest, nr Rugeley, Staffs.
- Saturday 5 July: Delamere Forest, Nr Northwich, Cheshire.
Tickets £42.90 (including £3.90 booking fee) go on sale at 9.00am Thursday 19 December from the Forestry Commission box office tel 0300 068 0400 or buy online at www.forestry.gov.uk/music.
Note to Editor
- Forest Live encourages people to visit forests who may not have otherwise done so. Research indicates that 44% of music fans are visiting a forest for the first time. 95% of attendees stated that they were interested in attending a similar event in the future. Overall, 78% of respondents indicated that they were interested in returning to the site of their interview for reasons other than attending a concert. Source: TNS Travel and Tourism.
- 18% of the country's woods and forests are managed by the Forestry Commission. In England, more than 50% of the population live within 10km of a Forestry Commission managed wood or forest.
- Media contact: James Delanoy, 01223 812533