This news story is now over a year old and information may no longer be accurate or up-to-date. It might also contain obsolete links.
Please use our search link on the left to look for more recent information.
The Defra Network (Natural England, Environment Agency, Forestry Commission and the Marine Management Organisation) has issued an Offer to Local Enterprise Partnerships (LEPs) and City Deals inviting them to work with us to safeguard the environment and achieve sustainable growth.
We will work more closely together, coordinating our activities locally to:
- actively facilitate sustainable growth locally, using our resources, networks and expertise
- work in a way that makes us easy to do business with
- use our evidence and knowledge to help businesses grow sustainably
The Offer is aimed at:
- Local Enterprise Partnerships (LEPs) - local business-led partnerships, established as powerhouses to drive local economic growth and development
- the Government’s City Deals initiative - designed to accelerate growth by passing control over budgets and powers from central government to selected cities through tailored agreements or ‘deals’.
The Offer will also include work on Enterprise Zones.
Notes to Editor
- Further information is hosted on the Environment Agency website
- Media contact: Stuart Burgess, 0117 372 1073, email@example.com