Kaiser Chiefs is the latest band to announce dates as part of Forest Live, where acts perform in spectacular woodland settings around the country as part of the summer concert series promoted by the Forestry Commission.
Formed in Leeds in 2000, Kaiser Chiefs produced a succession of classic album releases in ‘Employment’, ‘Yours Truly, Angry Mob’ and ‘Off With Their Heads’ establishing them as one of the leading bands of their generation. Fronted by the charismatic Ricky Wilson, their trademark indie rock sound delivered a string of anthemic hits such as ‘Oh My God’, ‘I Predict A Riot’, ‘Everyday I Love You Less And Less’, ‘Ruby’ and ‘Never Miss A Beat’. This success has ensured a number of headline festival slots and sell-out tours. As a follow up to 2014’s No 1 album ‘Education, Education, Education & War’, the group are currently working on their sixth studio album. Ricky Wilson is currently appearing as a coach in the BBC series The Voice.
Forest Live is an independent programme organised by the Forestry Commission to bring forests to new audiences. Income generated from ticket sales is spent on protecting, improving and expanding England’s forests and woodlands and increasing their value to people and wildlife. Over Forest Live’s 15 years history, money raised has contributed to a wide range of projects, from wildlife conservation to making improvements for visitors. With everything required for a great night out, including full catering and bar facilities, the gigs are renowned for their relaxed atmosphere.
Commenting on the gigs, Ricky Wilson said,
“As a band we’ve always loved to play outdoors, we’ve done fields, parks, farms, rooftops, beaches and back gardens, but this will be the first time we’ve played in a forest. If you go down to the woods this Summer, you’re sure of a big surprise. We’re really looking forward to being part of Forest Live.”
Kaiser Chiefs plus guests will be performing:
- Friday 17 June: Westonbirt Arboretum, near Tetbury, Glos
- Saturday 18 June: Bedgebury Pinetum, near Tunbridge Wells, Kent
- Sunday 26 June: Dalby Forest, near Pickering, N Yorks
- Sunday 3 July: Delamere Forest, near Northwich, Cheshire
- Sunday 10 July: Cannock Chase Forest, near Rugeley, Staffs
Tickets £38.50 (plus £4.35 booking fee) available from 9am Friday 22 January from the Forestry Commission box office tel 03000 680400, or buy online at www.forestry.gov.uk/music
Media enquiries: James Delanoy email@example.com / tel 01223 812533
Note to Editors:
- The Forestry Commission is the government department responsible in England for protecting, expanding and promoting the sustainable management of woods and forests and increasing their value to society and the environment. Further information can be found at www.forestry.gov.uk/england. 18% of the country's woods and forests are managed by the Forestry Commission. In England, more than 50% of the population live within 10km of a Forestry Commission managed wood or forest.
- The music programme was first launched in 2001 at four Forestry Commission venues. Now looking forward to its 16th season, Forest Live gigs take place at seven fantastic forest locations in England and are well known for their amazing atmosphere and top class acts. Over one million music fans have attended Forest Live concerts.