This news story is now over a year old and information may no longer be accurate or up-to-date. It might also contain obsolete links.
Please use our search link on the left to look for more recent information.
The captivating Paloma Faith is the latest act to announce that she will be performing concerts in seven spectacular woodland locations this summer as part of the Forestry Commission’s Forest Live concert series.
Released in 2009, debut album, ‘Do You Want the Truth, or Something Beautiful?’ introduced Paloma Faith and a glossy ensemble of retro-referencing soul and sassy pop songs. From the brass-blasted stomp of ‘Stone Cold Sober’ to the quirky ‘Upside Down’, and the epic sweep of her biggest chart hit ‘New York’, the record went on to sell over half a million copies. Faith’s 2012 sophomore album, ‘Fall To Grace’, continues to build upon the success of her debut release. A collection of compositions in a new contemporary realm, chart success has already been assured with singles ‘Picking Up the Pieces’, ‘30 Minute Love Affair’, ‘Just Be’ and her enchanting cover of ‘Never Tear Us Apart’. Her achievements have been recognised by the music industry with Brit Award nominations. Her platinum selling album ‘Fall To Grace’ is up for Best Album, and she has also been nominated for Best British Female.
Commenting on her Forest Live dates and her Brit nominations, Paloma Faith said,
“I’m really excited about these shows. It’s going to be a great experience so I hope you will be able to join me on my woodland adventure this summer. I am delighted to have been nominated for these Brit awards. I don't expect to win, but it's so wonderful to be acknowledged for contributing something to British music. I am very proud to be British and so happy to do something I love.”
Forest Live is an independent programme organised by the Forestry Commission bringing music to new audiences without commercial branding or sponsorship. Income generated from ticket sales is spent on improving the local forests for both people and wildlife. With everything required for a great night out, including full catering and bar facilities, the gigs are renowned for their relaxed atmosphere.
Paloma Faith plus special guests will be performing:
- Friday 14 June Thetford Forest, Nr Brandon, Suffolk.
- Saturday 15 June Sherwood Pines Forest, Nr Edwinstowe, Notts.
- Friday 21 June Bedgebury Pinetum, Nr Tunbridge Wells, Kent.
- Saturday 22 June Westonbirt Arboretum, Nr Tetbury, Glos.
- Friday 28 June Cannock Chase Forest, Nr Rugeley, Staffs.
- Saturday 29 June Dalby Forest, Nr Pickering, N Yorks.
- Friday 5 July Delamere Forest, Delamere, Cheshire.
Tickets £32.00 (subject to booking fee) go on sale at 9.00am Friday 18 January from the Forestry Commission box office tel 03000 680400 or buy online at www.forestry.gov.uk/music
Note to Editors:
- Over one million music fans have previously attended Forest Live concerts.
- Forest Live takes place each summer in seven forest locations around the country. Woodland clearings are temporarily transformed into a concert arena creating a safe and relaxed atmosphere for gig-goers.
- 18% of the country's woods and forests are managed by the Forestry Commission. In England, more than 50% of the population live within 10km of a Forestry Commission managed wood or forest.
Media enquiries: James Delanoy firstname.lastname@example.org / tel 01223 812533