This news story is now over a year old and information may no longer be accurate or up-to-date. It might also contain obsolete links.
Please use our search link on the left to look for more recent information.
Simple Minds have announced a 'Greatest Hits Forest Tour' for next summer, playing a series of dates in spectacular woodland locations as part of Forestry Commission Live Music.
Classic songs like 'Alive and Kicking’, 'Sanctify Yourself', 'Don't You (Forget About Me)’, 'Promised You A Miracle', 'Waterfront' and 'Belfast Child' established Simple Minds with a global audience with a run of No 1 albums including 'Sparkle In the Rain', 'Once Upon A Time' and 'Street Fighting Years', propelling them to supergroup status in the UK.
Special guest support for all dates will be Starsailor front man James Walsh.
Simple Minds Greatest Hits will be released Spring 2011.
Money generated by Forestry Commission Live Music ticket sales is spent directly on the nation’s woodlands, benefiting everything from butterflies to mountain bikers.
Commenting on the tour, Jim Kerr for Simple Minds said:
"We've never done the forest gigs before so we are really looking forward to performing in such beautiful places."
Simple Minds with special guest James Walsh will be performing:
- Fri 10 June - Bedgebury Pinetum & Forest, Nr Goudhurst, Kent.
- Sat 11 June - Thetford Forest, Nr Brandon, Suffolk.
- Fri 17 June - Westonbirt Arboretum, Nr Tetbury, Gloucestershire.
- Sat 18 June - Sherwood Pines Forest Park, Nr Edwinstowe, Nottinghamshire.
- Fri 24 June - Dalby Forest, Nr Pickering, North Yorks.
- Sat 25 June - Cannock Chase Forest, Nr Rugeley, Staffordshire.
- Sun 3 July - Delamere Forest, Delamere, Cheshire.
Tickets cost £35.00 (subject to booking fee) and go on sale at 9.00am this Friday 3rd December 2010 from Forestry Commission box office telephone 03000 680400 or buy online at www.forestry.gov.uk/music
Notes to Editor
- Forestry Commission Live Music takes place each summer in seven forest locations around the country. Woodland clearings are temporarily transformed into a concert arena creating a safe and relaxed atmosphere for gig-goers.
- Forestry Commission Live Music is an independent programme bringing music to new audiences without commercial branding.
- Media contact: Stuart Burgess, 0117 372 1073, email@example.com