Forestry Commission England (FCE) is offering the opportunity to be part of an expanding Kielder Water & Forest Park, which has strong potential in the tourism industry.
A new 200sq m Mountain Bike Hire Centre, located adjacent to Kielder Castle. All MTB singletrack trails located in Kielder Water & Forest Park start and finish adjacent to the new MTB Hire Centre.
To operate the Kielder Mountain Bike Hire Centre for the period of 2009-2016,
NOTE: Annual inspection of accounts will be undertaken by FCE accountant to check preceding years turnover.
Applications are invited from individuals or businesses to take on a 7-year lease of the above building. It is anticipated that the lease will begin on the 1 July 2009.
Increasing visitor numbers and tourist expenditure promise the successful applicant an opportunity to share in the development of Kielder Water &Forest Park as it grows into one of North East Englands foremost tourist destinations.
- The chance to be a part of a development within Northumberland which supports the social, environmental and business objectives of FCE and other Partners.
- The opportunity to develop, enhance and expand an innovative and growing leisure activity.
- A formal annual review process between the business and FCE will be undertaken to promote better understanding of each other’s aims and objectives.
- The successful business will be a key stakeholder in the future development of Kielder Water & Forest Park.
Forestry Commission England welcomes and encourages all ideas, which will enhance Kielder Water & Forest Park and improve the visitor experience.
- Background information on Kielder Water & Forest Park and the project.
- A summary of the application process.
- Details of the assessment criteria that will be used to judge applications.
- Some common questions and answers about the project.
Registering your interest
- If you are interested in registering an interest in this tender (and would like the formal tender return form and envelope) you must do so by 20th March 2009.
- By registering you are declaring a definite interest in the opportunity. If you are uncertain about your interest in the opportunity, we would ask you not to submit the form.
- The application deadline for registering interest is 20th March 2009.
- Tender process is then undertaken between March 20th and April 15th, when tender forms require to be fully completed and full business plan submitted.
- More details about the application process.