Services that we provide
Technical Development Services provide evidence based information and recommendations to forestry practitioners and decisions makers.
We investigate mechanised and manual work systems in forestry and associated operations for the Forestry Commission, and for external organisations on a contract basis.
- We disseminate our findings in publications, seminars and workshops.
- As part of our mission to support the forest industry, we also provide practical advice related to forest operations via telephone or email.
- We organise some specific workshops and seminars, on request, to address specific technical issues.
- Evaluation of forestry operations
We inform best practice guidance and policies and assess different working methods.
- Knowledge dissemination
We share and disseminate knowledge within the forest industry via our enquiries service, attendance at forestry events and shows, publication of findings, and workshops and seminars.
- Contribution to international projects
We contribute to a number of projects relating to forest operations and to the development of ISO standards on related safety matters.
Our expertise is built upon:
- Staff qualified and experienced in forest management and forest operations
- Using work study methods to asses and evaluate forestry operations
- A network of practitioners in the forest industry.
This is backed up by our research into five main areas:
We produce publications evaluating and describing forestry methods and machinery for greater efficiency, improved ergonomics and safety and reduced environmental impact. Some of these are available online:
If you do not find what you are looking for on those pages, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01387 860 264.
We have offices in:
If you are interested in these services or would like further information then email email@example.com or telephone 01387 860 264 or contact:
Scotland DG1 1QB
Tel: 01387 860264/348
Fax: 01387 860386