Pathology Senior Technician
Tel: +44 (0)300 067 5600
Tel direct: +44 (0)300 067 5719
Alice Holt Lodge
Surrey GU10 4LH
Sarah studied Biological sciences at Birmingham University from 2006-2009, she then went on to get a masters in Molecular Medicine from Cranfield University in 2010. Sarah first stared working at Forest Research in 2012 as a research scientist, employed through Bangor University. She became an employee of Forest Research in 2015 when she took up her new role as Pathology Senior Technician.
- Research support for the Acute Oak Decline project
- Identifying microorganisms on oak and running experiments designed to determine the cause of AOD
- Processing Advisory samples from oak enquiries
- Maintaining and developing culture collections
- General lab maintenance and management
- Developing rapid diagnostics for the detection of key bacteria associated with AOD.
- Research into the etiology of AOD including pathogenicity trials.
Other affiliations and responsibilities
Member of the British Society for Plant Pathology
Acute Oak Decline
Acute Oak Decline, PCR, Real-Time PCR, Culture collection, Advisory