Head of Centre for Inventory, Forecasting
and Operational Support
Office: +44 (0)300 067 5000
Direct: +44 (0)300 067 5242
231 Corstorphine Road
Peter Weston first joined the Forestry Commission in 1982 as a Forester. Over the following 10 years he gained experience in nurseries, forest management, and harvesting and marketing becoming a Forest District Manager in 1992. In 1998 he joined the South Scotland management team and was responsible for oversight of forest planning, forest and deer management and conservation and heritage. In 2002 Peter became Head of Forest Planning for Forest Enterprise across Great Britain and then, following devolution of forestry, became Head of Operational Support responsible for development and support of GI systems and Best Practice Guidance to public forest estate managers in England Scotland and Wales. This remit expanded to cover the National Forest Inventory in 2010. Peter and his team merged with the FC Statistics team and joined Forest Research in 2016.
Head of Centre for Inventory, Forecasting and Operational Support
- Chair of the Expert Group on Timber and Trade Statistics
- Member of the Defra Data Delivery Board
- Member of various cross country business groups covering planning, forest management and harvesting activities on the public forest estate
- Member of S&IS Programme 6 Steering Group.
Senior Responsible Owner for:
- National Forest Inventory
- Production Forecasting
- Forester GI
- Corporate Spatial Data