This project aims to develop, evaluate and promote safe and efficient equipment and methods of work, and provide output information, specialist services and advice on forest operations. Our outputs cover five main areas:
- Establishment and maintenance
- Integrated forest management
- Environment management
- Harvesting and transport
Establishment and maintenance
- Provide advice and specific one-off reports covering ground prep., planting, weeding and cleaning / rhododendron
- Contribute to seminars, workshops, training events and working groups
- Includes pesticide application research: representation on ISO/BSI pesticide application committees, electrodyn monitoring visits and chemical store checks
Integrated forest management
Provide support and trouble shooting on interdependent forestry practices such as impact of harvesting on forest management, biomass operations and working on steep ground, plus specific investigations for countries
- Explore systems to promote the sustainable application of low impact silviculture / CCF and management of small and native woodlands.
- Managing environmental impacts on forests including fire and water
Harvesting and transport
Harvesting methods, machinery and equipment for large scale conifer timber production, including motor-manual operations, outputs and costs. Also includes harvesting facilities and timber transport
Produce guidance in consultation with the forestry sector and other related industries. Cover all types of woodfuel, but currently excludes recycled material, joinery residues, and straw and grasses.
This programme is ongoing
firstname.lastname@example.org Head of TD. Leads on Land reclamation and large scale forestry.
email@example.com Leads on pesticides
firstname.lastname@example.org Leads on small scale forestry and environment.
Scotland DG1 1QB
Tel: 0300 067 6935