Completed researchArchive of completed research relating to pest and diseases, Climate change, Ecosystem services and forest management.
All our latest and archival publications, including newsletters
- Scientific and technical information resources and services
Library and Knowledge Exchange resources, including photographic library information.
- Forest Yield
A new early warning system for tree health
- Pests and diseases resources
Specific tree and woodland problems
- Tree health and protection
Computer-based decision support systems, treatment services, herbicidal and other products.
- Resources about Red Squirrels
- Measuring forest tree species diversity
- Forest management decision tools
Web-based and/or downloadable decision support packages. Other tools will be added as they become available.
- Resources and Guidance on managing resilient forests
- Forest planning and management resources
Products and services that link environmental and biodiversity factors to forest and woodland practice.
- Seeds Storage information
A database of tree or shrub species whose fruit / seed needing to pretreat from the alphabetical lists of either common or scientific names.
- Forest seedlings app
A digital guide to nearly 100 species of trees in Britain
- Tree species database
Information on over 60 tree species that are either widely grown in British forests at the present time or which could play an increasing role in the future, focusing on those species which could be expected to produce usable timber in British conditions.
- Public engagement in forestry toolbox and guidance
These resources are intended to provide foresters and other land managers with practical resources supporting policies, programmes and projects seeking greater public involvement. They are also suitable for use by community groups and volunteers looking for similar material.
- Resources about urban regeneration and greening
- Peatland restoration resources
- Historic Environment resources
- Biomass energy resources
- National Forest Inventory
- The UK FTP National Support Group
Share our facilities
- Research forests
Conduct studies in a known context, with access to the forests (in Hampshire and Gwynedd) and their historic scientific data.