Our scientists work on topics relating to planning, management and the protection of urban trees. We can provide information on:
- social, economic and environmental aspects of urban tree management
- pests and diseases
- species choice
- climate change
- practical management
Services we provide
Provides a scientific and technical information service and makes information available to all who are interested in trees and forestry in Great Britain.
Nationwide diagnosis, identification and advice on tree diseases.
- Flooding and forestry
- Valuing the ecosystem services provided by urban trees, using iTree
- Design and conduct of social research
- Design and conduct of research exploring governance and public involvement
- Social issues in forestry
- Trees and human health – air and water pollution, flooding, heat amelioration, well-being benefits including mental restoration
- Conversion of brownfield land to multifunctional urban greenspace
For information about any of the above research or services, please contact email@example.com.
Treezilla – Citizen science to build a UK map of urban trees
iTree – Evaluating urban tree ecosystem services now and into the future