3 day conference - 23-25 September 2013
What was the event?
The objective of this conference was to share the latest scientific knowledge and expertise in community forestry around the world, and to present innovative ideas in community forestry.
- Conference Program (PDF-551K)
Major topics were:
- The contribution of community forestry toward overcoming current challenges, including community-based forest governance
- Forest-climate change
- Urbanisation of forest owners
- Biodiversity decline
- Equity amongst forest users (including gender issues)
- The role of community forests as sustainable energy suppliers
Forest Research input
One of the keynote presenters was Anna Lawrence (Forest Research) and Bianca Ambrose-Oji (Forest Research) presented one of the key posters.
Who was the event suitable for?
Anybody interested or involved in community forestry.
Where did the event take place?
Dr Schusser, Chair of Forest and Nature Conservation Policy and Forest History
Goettingen Buesgenweg 3
Tel. +49 (0)551-39 19663
Mobile:+49 (0)170 6876123
Fax: +49 (0)551-39 3415
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org