- Wednesday 6 June, 1pm-4pm, Tentsmuir Forest
- Friday 8 June, 1pm-4pm, Creebridge, Newton Stewart
- Monday 11 June, 1pm-4pm, Lairg
- Wednesday 13 June, 1pm-4pm, Huntly, Aberdeenshire
What were the events?
Field based training events for the private sector predominately focused on the identification of Dothistroma needle blight (DNB) in the field. Each training event covered the following topics:
- A brief background and overview to DNB
- Identification of symptoms at stand, tree and needle level
- Confusion with other damage i.e. pests and diseases
- Needle sampling regime – what to sample, size of sample, details to record, handling of samples, who to send them to for laboratory confirmation.
Who were the events suitable for?
Those intending to undertake surveys for DNB in commercial and native pinewoods in 2012. The training was aimed at those who will be doing the ‘hands-on’ survey work.
Where did the events take place?
The events were held in the following Forest Districts (FD):
6 June - Tentsmuir, Tay FD
Tentsmuir Forest, main car park (grid ref. NO 498 242).
8 June - Galloway FD
Creebridge, Newton Stewart, DG8 6AJ.
11 June - North Highlands FD
Forestry Commission Scotland - Lairg Depot
Grid ref: NC 579 055
13 June - Moray and Aberdeenshire FD
Portsoy Road, Huntly, Aberdeenshire, AB54 4SJ.
For further information please contact:
59 George Street
Tel: 0131 240 1412