21 February 2012
What was the event?
A conference to bring together people from a range of disciplines with an interest in Green Infrastructure. The content of the day included presentations from guest speakers and discussions in the following:
- An introduction to green infrastructure
- The benefits of green infrastructure
- Green infrastructure in development
- Woodland as a green infrastructure feature
- Funding for green gnfrastructure delivery
- Site visits to see green infrastructure delivery in a range of settings
Kieron Doick of Forest Research spoke at the conference.
Following the conference further support and advice ongreen infrastructure from strategy through to implementation and funding was offered by the Groundwork North East Green Infrastructure Team.
Conference flyer (PDF-189K)
Who was the event suitable for?
Developers, local authorities and landowners.
Where did the event take place?
Blackwell Grange Hotel
For further information please contact:
The Groundwork North East Green Infrastructure Team on
Tel: 07748630845 or