6, 20 and 26 May 2011
What was the event?
A new information guide on the use of alternative conifer species has been produced and was launched at these seminars. The publication provides guidance on species suitability in relation to climate change, pest and disease resilience, and current market opportunities.
Each seminar comprised presentations in the morning and a field visit to look at and discuss alternative conifer species in the afternoon.
Alan Harrison from Forest Research presented the session: “Selecting conifer species using ESC and decision-support tools”.
Seminar details and times (PDF-2811K)
Presentation from seminar:
Who was the event suitable for?
Forestry practitioners and anyone who requires to make decisions on conifer species choice.
Where did the event take place?
- 6 May: Conicavel Village Hall, Forres, Moray
- 20 May: Carronbridge Village Hall, Dumfries and Galloway
- 26 May: Birnam Institute, Birnam, Perthshire.
Forestry Commission Scotland
ALGO Business Centre
Tel: 01738 442830
Seminar on 6 May 2011:
- Grants through SRDP (PDF-38K)
- Re-examining species and provenance choice in a changing climate (PDF-2678K)
- Selection of conifers for growth at Darnaway Forest (PDF-4463K)
- Useful links and further information (PDF-49K)
- Woodland heritage - potential of the minor conifers - a sawmiller’s perspective (PDF-604K)
- Using alternative conifer species for productive forestry in Scotland (PDF-10511K)