30 March 2011
What was the event?
This seminar provided an opportunity to hear the latest information on Phytophthora ramorum infection of Japanese larch. Speakers explained the current situation in the UK, the science of the disease, the relevant plant health legislation, biosecurity requirements, and the current situation in Scotland.
Dr Joan Webber of Forest Research spoke on "The science of the disease".
Seminar details and programme (PDF-736K)
- Implications of plant health legislation, including biosecurity (PDF-2070K)
Ian Murgatroyd, Plant Health Regional Manager (North), Forestry Commission
- Phytophthora ramorum - the current position in Scotland (PDF-7985K)
Hugh Clayden, Policy Adviser, Forestry Commission Scotland
- Phytophthora update (PDF-2030K)
Ben Jones, Phytophthora Operations Manager, Forestry Commission England
- Update on research findings - Phytophthora ramorum (PDF-1436K)
Dr Joan Webber, Forest Research
- Pests and disease - further information and web links (PDF-15K)
Steve Penny, Research Liaison Officer, Forest Research
Who was the event suitable for?
Forestry Managers and anyone with a responsibility for trees in our countryside (e.g. farmers, local authorities etc).
Where did the event take place?
The Royal Hotel
For further information contact:
ALGO Business Centre
Tel: 01738 450782