11 November 2010, 9am to 5pm
What was the event?
This event was an opportunity to update forestry colleagues in the industry on a number of current topics of interest to the practitioner, to share information and gain feedback. We included topics of practical relevance as well as topics that are current in the development and support of policy.
The content of the programme for the day was put together in consultation with forestry representative bodies.
- Acoustic tools for predicting the mechanical properties of timber - from research to practice (PDF-2271K)
- Assessing and communicating animal disease risks for countryside users (PDF-1207K)
- Energy forestry trials update (PDF-5195K)
- Feral boar: Where are we now? where are we going? what challenges may be ahead? (PDF-3493K)
- Update on emerging pathogens (PDF-4292K)
- Wind turbines & trees: maximising net benefit in forestry settings (PDF-1419K)
- Woodland carbon - managing the benefits (PDF-2363K)
Who was the event suitable for?
Forest Managers, woodland owners, and other land-based practitioners wishing to update their knowledge in a face-to-face setting.
Where did the event take place?
Macdonald Aviemore Highland Resort
For further information please contact:
Northern Research Station
Tel: 0131 445 6916