Developing the research agenda for the South Downs
23 March 2010
What is the event?
The event included presentations on initiatives and research that examine links between people, the outdoors and health. There was an overview of the current situation in relation to the South Downs area and discussion sessions on future priorities and opportunities for research and provision.
- Welcome and introduction
Becky Taylor (Plumpton College)
- Trees, woods and forests and the contribution to people's health
Liz O'Brien (Forest Research)
- Social and therapeutic benefits of Care Farming
Neil Ravenscroft (University of Brighton)
- Specialist walking groups for people with visual-impairments
Hannah McPherson (University of Brighton)
- Developing a successful research network
Aileen Marshall (Outdoors and Health Network)
- The natural health service – opportunities in South Downs area
Jenny Bowen (Natural England)
- Group discussions - developing the research agenda
- Closing remarks
Andrew Church (University of Brighton) and Alison Melvin (RRSP)
Who was the event suitable for?
Policy makers, providers, referrers and researchers in the areas of health, recreation and leisure
Where did the event take place?
Brighton BN7 3AE
For further information please contact:
Alice Holt Lodge
Tel: 01420 22255