12 November 2009
What was the event?
An opportunity to update forestry colleagues in the industry on a number of current topics of interest to the practitioner, to share information and gain feedback. We included topics of practical relevance as well as topics that are current in the development and support of policy. The content of the programme for the day was put together in consultation with forestry representative bodies.
Programme details (PDF-244K)
- Introduction and general update (PDF-1654K)
- Breeding broadleaves for Scotland (PDF-1743K)
- Direct seeding in upland forests (PDF-3217K)
- Herbicides and controls (PDF-671K)
- Production Forecast and the National Forest Inventory (PDF-3580K)
- Pine-tree Lappet Moth and Hylobius Management Support System (PDF-1847K)
- Technical Development services (PDF-592K)
- UK Climate Projections UKCP09: Understanding this information resource for risk management in forestry (PDF-1587K)
Who was the event suitable for?
Forest Managers, woodland owners, and other land-based practitioners wishing to update their knowledge in a face-to-face setting.
Where did the event take place?
Macdonald Aviemore Highland Resort
For further information please contact:
Northern Research Station
Tel: 0131 445 6916